Wednesday 23 March 2011

Unbelievable

The trellis is overflowing with fruit. The lemurs are ecstatic.

The target has been reached. The funds will be transferred to Azafady to support their impressive humanitarian, community development and conservation projects in Madagascar.

And only just in time, as I fly out to Antananarivo this afternoon. I commence my work with the programme on 1 April 2011, after a week of travelling by taxi-brousse, jeep, truck and any other form of transport I can find to Fort Dauphin (Tolagnaro) on the southeast coast, where the Azafady charity is based.

Please do click on the Azafady banner to find more information about the organisation that you have so generously supported and their work to eradicate poverty, suffering and environmental damage in Madagascar.

On behalf of all of wonderful inhabitants of Madagascar, I would like to express my sincere gratitude for your enthusiasm, generosity and support with this venture. Clearly, our once tearful little grey friend on the left is still coming to terms with their change in fortunes.

Although communications are not that well developed or reliable in Madagascar, I will keep everyone updated about my contributions to these projects and my other adventures over the next two months.

Thank you all once again for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Azafady